prep time:1 HR
cook time:15 MINS
resting time:10 MINS
total time:1 HR 25 MINS
This chipotle bbq chicken is made with homemade chipotle beer BBQ sauce! Serve alongside creamed grilled corn and summer dinner is complete!
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup beer
- ½ cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
CREAMED GRILLED CORN
- 6 to 8 ears of corn (you need 2.5 cups kernels)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk (any kind works!)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- fresh chopped chives
- Place the ketchup, beer, honey, garlic, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, onion powder, smoked paprika and pepper in a saucepan and whisk together until combined. Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for 30 to 60 minutes, until thickened. Stir occasionally. Remove from the heat and let sit at room temperature until it cools and thickens even more. You can easily make this ahead of time!
- Preheat the grill to the highest heat. Once hot, you can throw the ears of corn on the grill and grill them for 15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes. You could even use leftover grilled corn. You can also make the creamed corn with the fresh corn from the cob. Or from frozen! Once the corn is grilled, set it aside.
- Season the chicken all over with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I like to brush about a tablespoon or so of the sauce on the chicken.
- Place the chicken directly on the grates and grill for 5 minutes. Flip and grill for 5 minutes more. Cook for 1 or 2 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 or 165 (if it’s 160, it will likely reach 165 as it rests). Remove the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. While it rests, you can make the creamed corn.
- Serve the chicken sliced with the corn.
CREAMED GRILLED CORN
- Heat the corn, cream, sugar and garlic in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the milk in a shaker bottle or cup and add the flour. Shake for 30 seconds to make a slurry. Pour it into the skillet, stirring to combine. Cook over medium heat, letting it bubble and simmer but also stirring often, until the mixture is thickened. Once thickened, stir in the parmesan cheese. Taste and season additionally – add more salt and pepper or add more parmesan! Sprinkle with chives and serve.
See more: howsweeteats